Saturday, February 07, 2015

Puerto Galera ❤


It's Saturday once more which means a free time to blog and read some good books! Yey! My simple joys! While deleting more than a hundred draft messages in my gmail (I usually write my blog post in my email first then transfer to my blogspot after) I saw this draft message written over a year ago about our 1st anniversary celebration in Puerto Galera [that I was not able (and forgotten) to post in my blog due to my malfunctioned laptop]. And even though its a long over due post already, I thought I'd share it in my blog anyway.



------

We arrived in Puerto Galera around 12pm just in time for lunch. Jan's friend was already waiting for us at the boat's dock. He was too hospitable and accommodating that he had our hotel reserved and lunch ready for us. After our sumptuous lunch,we rented a jeep to our way to Ponderosa Golf Club.




Ponderosa Gold club nestled at the top of the mountain overlooking the beautiful bay of Puerto Galera. To reach Ponderosa you can either take a one and a half hour hike [According to the jeepney driver] or 20 minutes shuttle service or rent a jeep from the resort like we did. It was very windy and breezing when we went there and the view is just so breathtaking!







Aside from golf, tourist can also enjoy a thrilling 610meters zipline in Ponderosa Golf Club. While exploring Ponderosa we had an opportunity to conversate with Donya Bea Zobel Ayala. She was very nice and low profile.



We stayed at White Lodge Beach Resort and because its lean season, our room was upgraded to a family room with 2 queen size bed. =D What I like most in this resort is their restaurant. There was nothing special in their resto as you look at it, the interior is like a typical calenderia but boy, all foods served to us were absolutely delicious and mouthwatering- most specially the chicken inasal, sinigang na miso, vegetable curry, pancit bihon, inihaw na liempo etc. And one thing I enjoyed most from their resto is their homemade salabat. I swear I never enjoyed drinking salabat until I got to taste theirs. I think they added some honey & calamansi juice to it that makes it more delicious. Too bad we forgot to take pictures. hehehe




By night, together with 2 more friends of Jan we've watched comedy shows and fire dancing.




We werent able to swim at the beach on our 1st day since our schedule was jampacked. so there.. here are some of our selfies in the beach on our 2nd day.











One of the best things in life is to drink a refreshing mango shake in the beach as you watch the golden sunset. Agree?


We were also able to stopped by to Tamaraw falls on our way to Calapan to visit Jan's mom in her office before going back to Manila.
 To give you a little trivia, Tamaraw falls derived its name from buffalo which can only be found in Oriental Mindoro. It is said that many years ago, there were a lot of tamaraws hanging in this falls to drink fresh water.




From Calapan, we rode a fast cat going back to Manila.




We sure had a great time. Indeed, one of the best things in life is to travel with your loved ones. Happy anniversary honey!




Rica 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...