Saturday, May 30, 2015

Part 2- Albay, Bicol

This is the part 2 of our travel documentation in Albay. Click this link if you've missed the first part.


Our remaining 2 days in Albay was more relaxing.. Less tour but more bonding moment with Jan's family. We woke up early for breakfast and the killer beauty of Mayon from our hotel room started our day with a happy and positive energy.




After breakfast,we headed to Lignon Hill.. A prominent hill in Legazpi City (and has been designated as a nature park) overlooking the entire city of Legazpi and majestic Mayon Volcano. The park has restaurant, souvenir shops, zipline and a 50 foot tunnel constructed by the Japanese soldiers during the WWWII



In just a minute, the shy Mayon is once again covered with clouds.



The heat of the sun was too draining so after we took our lunch at the hotel, we've spent the rest of the afternoon with a loonnng nap. As soon as we had our energy back (we didn't even notice it was almost dinner) we went to Pacific mall to fill our tummies with more Bicol delicacies at Colonial Grill who became popular with their unique ice cream flavors like sili and pili(nut) ice cream. For dessert, we ordered their best-selling sili ice cream and I could say that it tastes deliciously weird. Hehe. It also has a "kick" after taste effect. Good idea Colonial grill!!


I have been bragging about DJC Halo-Halo to Jan's family ever since we've met in Bicol. And since DJC Halo-halo has a branch inside the Pacific mall's foodcourt, I suggested for us to try it. The mall was already closing (Malls/establishments in Albay closes as early as 8pm) the staff still accommodated our order. The price is Php10.00 higher than the original branch in Tiwi but with the same yummy taste! geez, I couldn't still get over of DJC Halo-halo. I hope they would soon open a branch here in Manila.


Sorry for the blurred photo. DJC Halo-Halo in Pacific Mall Branch (Php70.00)


Our 2nd day in Albay ended with a relaxing Thai massage at Chetawan Foot & body massage located just beside the Pacific Mall in Legazpi City. I swear this was by far the best Thai massage I have ever experienced... Their staff are well-trained and friendly. We had a good night sleep after. Too bad I didn't bring my phone so I was not able to take a photo of their Legazpi City branch. I believe Chetawan Foot and Body massage has branches in Las Pinas & Quezon City, too.

------- 

The next day before our flight back to Manila.. We once again stopped by to Cagsawa Ruins. I have seen Mayon many times [Mayon's tip can be seen in our ancestral house in Bacacay and my view as I wash our dishes ) but it still never failed to leave me in awe. Truly, a God's wonderful creation.





So that ends our sweet escape to Albay. I hope next time.. My mom, sister and Xian could also join in our next travel. Thank you Lord for this another opportunity to travel together with our families.. See you again.. Mahal Kong Bicol.





Always be a proud Bicolana,

Rica 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...